Saturday, May 28, 2011

California Vegetable Casserole

I had a request for some veggie dishes. Thought I would put this one up tonight. This is a recipe I use as a side dish for winter holidays, but I have also made it at other times. It is a rich, cheesy vegetable dish I am sure you will love. As to where it came from, I am not exactly sure. I have been making this dish for well over 20 years. It always gets rave reviews from dinner guests.

California Vegetable Casserole

2-16oz packages of frozen california mixed vegetable
2-cans of cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbell"s)
1-16oz container of sour cream
1- large container of french fried onions ( I use Durkee brand)
1 C. each of cheddar, mozzarella, swiss cheeses, shredded ( I have also used 2 c. of mozzarella and 1 c. cheddar and have also used 2 c. of shredded co jack, which is very good)

Partially thaw the vegetables, then mix with sour cream, soup, 1/2 of the onions and 1/2 C. of each of the cheeses. Place in a 9" x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or one that is lightly buttered. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Top with remaining cheese, then add remaining onions. Continue baking until cheese is melted and onions have browned nicely.
Enjoy!

Saffron

No comments: